And there in lies the fun part. Its my morbid sense of satisfaction when I hear 2.3'ers as I call them (the average amount of children used to be 2.3) complaining about how hard it is and how they need a break etc etc.
So here is my top 10 tips for dealing with 6 children:
10) Childcare/Creche/Day Care - It doesn't matter what you call it, it's still you paying someone to parent your own child & what I would classify as a form of neglect. If you need your children watched then ask someone you trust and who loves them and respects your wishes in every way (we had ours watched twice last year) . Single parents excused of course
9) Embrace the chaos, the sooner you do the sooner it wont feel chaotic .
8) There is a big difference betwen yelling OVER your children & yelling AT them, try to limit the latter.
7) With 6 children you need to accept that the toilet will always need flushing prior to use, but this is ok as we try to teach water conservation.
6) Television is evil, it is, we recently went commercial TV free, not even the simpsons is suitable for young children these days, dont get me staretd on the news.
5) If you dont have the stomach for Vomit, urine or Faeces you soon will have, i'm blessed with a cast iron stomach and have been cleaning up excriment since my nursing days but each child has still surprise me at least once in this area.
4)When on an outing organisation is key, while it is stressful we do go out in busy shopping centres. I carry Miss 2 in a kozy, Mumma Bare carries miss 0 in a sling, Mr 3 is pushed by me in the stroller, miss 5 holds the stroller & Mr 7 & Mr 9 walk between us.
3) Relish the little things - My renditions of childrens nursery rhymes in strange voices always get more laughs than the latest pixar movie.
2) Parental Team Work - This is important, we dont have husband jobs or wife jobs, we share in everything, what use are you if you aren't cross trained?
1) The most important thing that applies to just about all facets of being a parent.....
RELAX!!! It doesn't matter if its a baby that wont sleep or an arguement over a toy. Children sense your stress and react accordingly, the sooner you chill out the sooner they will.
Until next time.........