I have the ability to transform from a surly dude into a squealing little child at the site of a huntsman spider.
I don't have issue with red backs or white tails or even the common house spider (which looks mean as hell) and especially not daddy longs legs'. But you throw a huntsman into the mix and I'm scared, there I said it SCARED.
Unfortunately in my house everyone is scared of all spiders & bugs so along with disposing of all manner of creepy crawly I'm also charged with dispensing of the big, fast moving brown curses know as..........................................the huntsman spider.
- Huntsman's have a life span of approximately 90 years
- Huntsman's can jump at least 3 meters
- The venom of the Huntsman spider is powerful enough to knock out a horse. It will not kill the horse, simply tranquilise it for long enough for the huntsman to devour it whole.
- A Huntsman Spider can devour a horse whole
- Contrary to popular believe huntsman spiders are actually trained in scare tactics.
- Huntsman spiders prefer to feed on the eldest born child of any family
- Huntsman's can be found all over Australia but prefer to reside in OUR FREAKIN HOUSE
- The ground up remains of a dead huntsman spider can be used as a hallucinogen
- Huntsman spiders enjoy walking across your face while you sleep
- Huntsman spiders are faster in the water than they are on land
Here are 2 of some of the suckers encountered in our current house. This first one was above the Toilet, T noticed it while B was sitting there. Can you say freak out?
And as if 8 legs wasn't enough what the freakin hell is this thing????